Monday, July 2, 2018

I'm a Night Owl!!!

New student swag arrived on my doorstep last week.  I received a box with several goodies.

It contained:

  • A welcome letter with instructions
  • Door hanger that says "Do Not Disturb, I'm Studying" and "Do Not Disturb, I'm taking a Test"
  • Window cling WGU decal
  • WGU approved whiteboard with marker
  • Blue plastic mug that says "WGU" on one side and "Liquid Motivation" on the other
  • Self standing webcam for taking proctored exams
  • and a flyer about the WGU WellConnect service
The webcam is USB, I plugged it into my PC and the drivers auto installed with no issues.  I'm debating putting the decal on my car or laptop.  The door hanger is on the basement door upstairs waiting to be put into use.  The whiteboard has magnets on the back and is cheap, flimsy and creaseable.  You are allowed to use a different whiteboard of similar size if you wish for proctored exams.

Sadly it did not contain a shirt, which I knew from my research, but I was still hopeful.  I think years ago they included a shirt in the Student Success Kit.  To remedy that situation, I ordered myself a purple (my favorite color) WGU hoodie.  It's cozy and perfect for studying and taking tests in my cool basement.  Maybe I'll take a photo of it later.



No comments:

Post a Comment