Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Degree Plan

It's official.  I have a plan for all of my "free time" the next 3-3.5 years of my life.  It's called a WGU Degree Plan.

It is pre-populated with a standard course plan for my degree program minus the accepted transfer credits.  I am able to manipulate the order of the courses and assign a target date range for each course.  My first task was to choose the first 12 credits (but not more than 15) for my first term, set dates for each course and then have my degree plan approved by my mentor.  Then on July 1st, I had to select each course on my first term and enroll in them.

Now my first 4 courses are available to view.  On each course is a button for "Course Material" and once that button is selected you're locked into the content and exam for that course at that time.  I can hit the button on all 4 courses and study concurrently if I wish, or just work on the courses one at a time.

I am hoping to complete 6 courses in the first term, but since that's 21 credits, I was only allowed by my mentor to enroll in 15 (4 courses).  Once I complete those 4 courses, if there is still time in my term I can enroll in one additional course at a time apparently until I reach the 20th of the last month of my term, a new course cannot be activated in the last 10-11 days of a term.

My first 4 courses are Spreadsheets, Intro to IT, IT Foundations and IT Applications.  I hope to also add English Composition and Critical Thinking and Logic.  We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment