Thursday, July 11, 2019

C955 - Applied Probability and Statistics -- Finished!!!

So, I got a little to crazy with things in my personal life and couldn't focus on SQL queries anymore.  I switched gears and launched into Applied Probability and Statistics.  This is the new course, replacement for C459 Intro to Probability and Statistics.  I enjoy math so I felt this would be easier to focus on at the moment.  I love the flexibility that WGU gives me to change gears mid-class in a term if I feel the need.  As you can see, the class dates I specified for my degree plan in my last post, are already out of sequence, and it's OK.

I activated the course on Monday (today is Thursday).  I spent about 6 hours on the first 5 chapters out of 7.  I love math, so it was no problem to wiz through it.  I took the practice test at about 3:00am early Tuesday morning and passed with room to spare.  I'd read in the Facebook groups that chapters 6 and 7 are heavily weighted on the test and that's where I fell a little short on the practice exam.  I spent Tuesday and Wednesday evening on chapter 6 and this evening I only had enough time to quickly review chapter 7.  My exam was at 9:00pm.  It took me about an hour of the 2 hours allotted.

It looks like there are some great cohort videos pre-recorded for this course, as well as handouts for them.  I didn’t use these resources.  I only used the online text and included quizzes.

I think this was the most confident I've been so far out of all of my exams.  That might be the last time I feel that way, we'll see.  :)  I'm thankful to be done.  Funny note:  My scoring grid was almost exactly the opposite for the Pre-Assessment.  I had 100% on all the math, and just short of "exemplary" on the last 2 categories.  I'm tired, and it's possible I may have rushed a little and been careless on a couple of the math questions.

I am ready to spend the weekend camping.  I may spend some time on SQL next week before I leave for a long weekend with my girls' robotics team for a competition out of town.  I can also download the textbook to my iPad and take it along, but I doubt I would study on the trip.  If not, definitely time to buckle down and knock out Data Management Applications (C170) when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment