Sunday, January 13, 2019

Critical Thinking and Logic - passed

My second term is off to a great start.  I have completed Critical Thinking and Logic (C168) on schedule.  I activated the course back in December before my first term was over and enrolled in it on Jan 1.  WGU allows you to activate a course in your degree plan at any time.  The upside of this is that you can start studying for a course and even attend Cohorts (interactive webinars with course instructors) without it being part of your current term.  The downside is that it locks you into the course content and exam version.  This is not recommended if you're going to be taking a tech cert that is going to change versions by time you are ready for the exam.

My approach to the course was as follows:  I reviewed the first 4 modules and passed the practice exam (PreA).  I attended both course Cohorts.  In the last week in preparation for the exam, I went back through the first 4 modules, completed all practice questions and reviewed my PreA results.

Like the PreA, I found most of the questions to be common sense.  On the exam there were questions about "Critical Thinking in the Disciplines."  This is covered in module 7, a chapter I didn't study, and I didn't score well on those questions, I am not surprised.  In hindsight, I would recommend a quick review of module 7.  ☺

5 courses down, 23 to go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment